Common Law Admission Test is one of the most important and well known entrance exams for admission in courses related to law. Every year this examination gets organized. It is a national level entrance exam which provides admission to Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate Law courses. The duration of the CLAT exam is 2 hours. In this exam there will be multiple choice questions based on General Knowledge, Math, English and Legal & Logical Reasoning. Candidate is required to be 12th passed out to be eligible to apply for the law examination.
Presently, there are total of 17 National Law Universities in India. Every year admission to these universities is provided on the basis of CLAT Examination.
Courses Offered by National Law Universities-
• B.Com LLB Honors
• BSW LLB Honors
• B.SC LLB Honors
• BA LLB Honors
Tentative dates regarding the CLAT exam are as-
• Notification for the exam will be declared in second week of December, 2016
• Online registration starts in first week of January, 2017
• Last date for submitting the application form is in fourth week of January, 2017
• Admit Card will be made available online in third week of April, 2017
• Exam will be held in second week of May, 2017
• Result will be declared in third week of May, 2017
For Under-Graduate Courses-
• Candidates who are interested must have done 12th class and the candidates who are appearing for class 12 can also apply for the exam.
• The candidate should have cleared class 12th from a recognized university with minimum 45% marks which is for general category and for reserved category it is 40%
For Post-Graduate Courses-
• Candidates who are interested must have done LLB from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks i.e. for general candidates and for reserved categories it is 50%
• Candidate interested is required to be less than 20 years as on 1st July, 2017 and it is 22 years in case of reserved category. There is no upper age limit for the candidates to apply.
• Candidates can be citizen of India and NRI as well.
• Candidates who have compartment in class 12 can also apply for this entrance exam
The application form for the entrance exam will be made available from the first week of January, 2017. Candidates who belong to categories like General, OBC or Specially Abled Persons, they have to make payment of Rs.4000 as application fee where as for SC or ST candidates the application fee is Rs.3500. The application fee can be paid either online or by e-challan.
Syllabus of Entrance Exam-
The interested candidates who all are applying for the Law Entrance Exam should be aware of the syllabus. It covers subjects like English, GK, Current Affairs, Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Legal Aptitude.
Sectional Distribution of Marks-
The section of GK and Current Affairs comprises of 50 marks each whereas the English Section includes comprehension and logical reasoning consists of 40 marks each. The mathematics section comprises of 20 marks.
For more details on Law Entrance, you can visit www.motachashma.com