The penultimate year of school or Class 11 to be more precise, is as crucial as the Board year. After all, it is the year where you lay a strong base for the future. The most important thing to remember is that your penultimate year is a vital time for gaining valuable knowledge and sound understanding on your subjects.
So, do not take this year lightly and work hard to gain strong and clear concepts.
Here are some strategies that can be helpful for studies in class XI
1. Start Early – Start right from the beginning so that you do not have to burn the midnight oil at the time of the exams. If you study right from the penultimate year, the burden will be less. You will get ample of time to cover the entire syllabus and clear the confusion if any. Do not procrastinate. Study throughout the year and practice as much as you can.
2. Crystal clear concepts – Working on your basic concepts right from the start, will help to understand everything better. With a clear concept, it will be much easier for you to remember the matter and solve the problem. There are various websites which provide ncert solution class 11 and can be of help if you get stuck at some question of the textbook. Preparing the chapter or topic beforehand will help you understand the things in a better way.
3. Routine – Plan and make a routine and stick to it. Get into the habit of studying for a fixed number of hours. This way you will never have to put in those extra hours. If you are habituated to devote 2 to 3 hours on a daily basis right from the start, it will be easier for you to put in a little more when needed.
4. Notes – Notes are very important, as they always come in handy when do not want to leaf through the entire book/chapter. They help you save time and grasp the important points quickly. Making notes also fortify the data in your brain as you jot them down. Making notes is not enough. Make it a point to revise and go through them, time to time.
5. Seek help – Never hesitate in asking questions or in taking the help of your teacher in clearing the confusion. Your teacher is there to help you and will be happy to clear your doubts.
6. Test yourself – Practice and solve test papers like the mock test papers and the previous year papers just to get an understanding of the pattern of questions. You will become aware of your strengths and weaknesses and how much you have grasped. Try to solve the papers within a stipulated time to work on your skills like speed and accuracy.
7. Good health – Health is very important. Take proper sleep, eat healthy and nutritious food. Give your mind and body the much-required breaks as all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Good health and a positive mind will work wonders.