All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) facilities technical education such as Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Town Planning, Management, Pharmacy, Applied Arts and Catering Technology etc. at different levels to promote development in the country and improve the education system. It also offers scholarship for the students so that the students whose financial position is not good and can hardly afford further education can apply for the Scholarship. The scholarship is an endeavor to promote higher education among the students.
List of Scholarships
- Scholarship to GATE Qualified Students – All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is offering GATE Scholarship 2017 only for GATE/GPAT Qualified students. The candidates who had qualified the GATE/GPAT exam successfully and secured valid scores can apply for this Scholarship. The candidates who are willing to apply for this Scholarship are suggested to visit the official website and to read the instructions for this Scheme carefully.
- Scholarship to Girls and Disabled Students 2017 – AICTE offers another scholarship for Girls and Differently abled children. The Pragati/Saksham Scholarship is an endeavor to promote girl child education and providing every young student whether it is differently abled a good education.
Pragati is a scheme focused at providing assistance for Advancement of Girls participation in Technical Education. This is an attempt to improve girl child education count in our country. Saksham is a scheme provided for encouragement and support to differently abled children to pursue Technical Education.
- 4000 number of scholarship will be provided per annum to the students who are applying under Pragati Scheme.
- 1000 number of scholarship will be provided per annum to the students who are applying under Saksham Scheme.
- One girl from one family will be chosen to provide Pragati Scholarship in which family income should be less than 6 lac per annum.
- The scholarship will be provided to the specially abled students under Saksham Scholarship whose family income is less than 6 lacs per annum.
- 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidate category will be reserved for the AICTE Scholarship 2017 (applied for Pragati as well as Saksham Scheme).
- The selection of the candidates will be based upon the merit list.
- Amount of scholarship provided (Tuition Fee of Rs.30000 and Rs.2000 per month for 10 months as allowance each year.
- The candidates are suggested to visit to the official website of the AICET to get more information about the Pragati and Saksham Scholarship and to read the guidelines related to them.
- It also offers the Scholarship to the students of Jammu and Kashmir. This Scholarship fall under the category of Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS). The main motive of providing the Scholarship is to promote higher education among the students. Candidates can check the official website to apply for this Scholarship.
Note – Candidates are advised to visit the official website and read the guidelines of the Scholarship of the category for which the students are applying